Monday, January 3, 2011

Iraqi Food and Other Activities

Well the new year is here and life is the same. We have been busy with building projects among other things. We were invited to lunch with the Iraqi Army for New Years Day. It was OK. They just have a different taste for things. They stacked the food on us and I didn't have the gut to finish it all. The bread is the best part of the meal.


Here is the food that we received. It looks worse than it tastes. Nicole could never do this as picky as she is about food.

Tapp and I enjoying the food. Tapp was already sick when we sat down; so he was not enjoying anything except for the bread.

This is Chris and I, Chris is my interpretor. We work together a lot. Chris is not his real name. I started calling him Chris because I could say his real name when I first got here. So I started calling him this and it stuck. He hates the name but oh well.

The team that I work with found out that I knew how to weld so they got me a welder and have been having me weld a bunch of things that needed repair. It has been fun. We have also been doing a lot of carpentry work and electrical work around the FOB. It is a nice break from the others things that I have going on.
Well I hope that all reading this had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. All is going well here. Take care, Warren

1 comment:

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

...and I thought you would call him Steve.... It looks like you had a good time.