Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Well Christmas has came and went. It was decent given that I am in Iraq. We did not do anything but it was still a good time. The night before we had a convoy come in with our mail and it came in after my guys went to bed so what I did was I put all of there package outside their Chu doors so when they came out in the morning they saw them. I did not have a tree to put them under so it worked just fine this way. The guys loved seeing this in the morning. After they opened their packages we sat around, drank coffee, and talked about family. It was a good time had by all. Then we had to go back to work. But it was a laid back day and given that we are all away from family I feel that we are all still in very good spirit.

Here is a picture that I took of all our packages outside our Chu's


This is a picture of one of our local national guards. He is a kick boxer and very short. All the Iraqis and short. He is a good guy, it is fun to talk with him.
Well I hope that all are having a good holiday season. Thanks for all those back home who have made this a more pleasant time for my wife. She misses me but the love shown to her by those at home has made this a more bearable experience for her. Thanks again.

1 comment:

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

I love you! It is good to know that you helped others have a better day than they might have.