Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Times

I get to meet a wide variety of people here. It is always fun to see how different people are and how different the cultures are. Needless to say that are not sure how to take me (as is the same with most of the people that know me anyway). Most of the Iraqis love us here and they want to be like us. The try to do what we do and wear what we wear. They always say, "I love America, America good." Of coarse so hate us and I hope to never meet those ones.


Here is one of my interpretors (terps) try to fix a radio. I don't think he knew what the heck he was doing but it was fun to watch him try. He is a great guy. It is so funning to tease him because he does not understand sarcasm at all so he gets confused easy.


Now this guy. He is the "American Lover." He dresses up in anything American, mostly uniforms. We call him Rambo because he usually wears a bandanna, either a green one or here has a American Flag one also. It is so fun to talk to him. He will also do anything you say. When the Iraqi Army guys come around we tell him to give them kidney shots and he does it every time. What can I say simple humor for simple people. The IA guys don't find it funny but oh well. They are good humored about it. We do it because it is funny that if we told Rambo to jump off a cliff he would probably do it.

Bye.

1 comment:

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

It is a lot of fun to learn other cultures. There are is a lot of good in others. We can learn a lot from them.