Wednesday, October 13, 2010

There Are Some Nice Moments

While nothing will be the mountains of Idaho there are some great sunrises and sunsets here. Since I am usually up before the sun and not in bed until after the sun goes down I get to see them. The past few days we have been doing more of our gunnery movements. I have my truck and then I have been convoy commander as well. So it has been busy for me.

Once again SSG Dennis Shumway and I. I had my gunner take this picture from the top of my truck. I weight about 280 pounds in all my gear. I am getting used to wearing it. I usually weight 200 pounds so this is a bit of weight to shoulder. I can't wait to NOT wear it anymore.



SPC Owen Tapp shooting the 50 caliber machine gun in the morning sunrise. This morning was better than most because the night before there was a fire on the range. So the light rafraction off the fog and smoke make for a great sunrise.


Another picture here of the sunrise. I was trying to get a better photo but this was all I could get with my cheap camera. Like I said it is not the mountains of Idaho but it is nice.



Here is my Gun Truck Crew. SPC Casey Roberts, myself and SPC Owen Tapp.

No comments: