Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sand Storms and Reconstruction

So we have had a series of sand storms come in. We have had just enough time, it seems, between them to pick up and get ready for the next. Thankfully we have not had one in the last week. But this last week has been spent fixing most of what was broken. I can talk about some of what was broke so here goes.


Our SF Team medic was helping to secure the roof sheeting with sand bags. I did not get pictures of what happen to the roof but let's just say that most of the roof you see now was not there after the next storm.


While we were putting up the sand bags this came in. We spent the next day and half in our rooms playing HALO because you couldn't see in front of you more than 2 feet.


Another picture from the other side.


After most the storms came through this is how we found our "securely covered" .50 Cal Machine Gun. This dust will get in every crack not matter how tight.


You might ask if this what fun to clean this and to answer your question I would probably slap you.


Well all that begins well ends well right. This is me bringing roofing sheets to an Iraqi "contractor." He was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. There were 2 of them and let me tell you if our buildings in the U.S.A. were built by these guys, well, God help us.


I was making fun of a commercial, I have no clue what this guy was doing. (hint: he is an Iraqi)


SPC Owen G. Tapp picking up busted roof sheets WITH NO GLOVES! Yes he cut his hand. I laughed at him.


And this one takes the cake. This is what these guys called a good weld. I am not sure about you but this is what Mr. Summers calls "Goose Shit." (Mr. Summers was my High School shop teacher)

Well it is fun out here. OK so I am lying but we are making the most of it. Thanks for all your support.

Bye.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is a horrible weld!

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

A good weld, huh? Looks like you're doing what you have to do and making fun of it all as you go.